Personal Accident / Group Personal Accident Insurance
Covers the Insured’s employees against accidental death and / or injury in accordance with the benefits specified. Benefits 1,2 and 3 below can be on earnings basis or as a capital sum.
The Benefits Insured are :-
2. Permanent Disablement
3. Temporary Disablement from usual occupation. Compensation is on weekly basis up to a maximum of 104 weeks.
3. Medical Expenses.
It is of two forms that is Capital Basis and earnings basis
This Policy does not cover death, disablement or Medical Expenses consequent upon.
- the Insured engaging in the use of Woodworking machinery or in, racing on horseback or on wheels, winter sports, mountaineering necessitating the use of ropes or guides, skin-diving or any other sports or pastime involving exceptional risk of accident.
- the Insured engaging in aviation otherwise than Air Travel (i.e. mounting into, travelling in or dismounting from any fully licensed passenger carrying aircraft as passenger but not as a member of the crew nor for the purpose of engaging in any trade or technical operation therein).
- the Insured suffering from any pre-existing physical defect or infirmity.
- Childbirth or pregnancy of the Insured
- the Insured wilfully exposing himself to needless peril (except in an attempt to save human life) or committing or attempting to commit suicide.
- Bodily injury sustained while the Insured is insane.
- war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection or military or usurped power.
- Political Risks Exclusion,
- Terrorism Exclusion
- Total asbestos exclusion.
Premium depends on the benefits selected and the type of cover for example cover could be given
on a 24 hour basis or a duty only basis and it could be on capital benefits or on earnings basis.