Fire and Perils
This policy provides indemnity for loss of or damage to the Insured property resulting from fire,
lightning, explosion, earthquake, bush fire, spontaneous combustion, riot and strike, malicious damage,
water damage and special perils.
The property to be covered under this policy should be that which is always in the insured location such
- Buildings and Swimming Pools
- Furniture, Fixtures and Fittings
- Office contents
- Plant and Machinery
The sums insured should reflect the current replacement or market values of the property less a
deduction for wear and tear/ depreciation (if any).
To enable us to quote for this class of insurance we require to know the sums insured in respect of the property as described above together with construction type, Location and occupation
The main policy exclusions include : –
- Computer General Loss Exclusion
- Consequential Loss of any kind
- Political Risks Exclusion,
- Terrorism Exclusion
- IT Risks Exclusion
- Loss by theft during or after fire
- Earthquake Excess: 2% of sum insured per location max. 5,000,000/=
- War invasion act of foreign enemy
- Ionising radiation radioactive contamination from nuclear fuel or nuclear waste.
Depending on the sums insured, this risk may be categorised as a listed risk and the premium rate would have to be communicated by the Association of Kenya Insurers. However in the normal circumstances, premium is a variable depending on the nature of insured property(ies) and items.